Flight Test and Evaluation Services:|
The aircraft´s equipment list includes three WAAS GPS Navigators, multifunction display,
UAT transceiver, Mode-S Extended Squitter transponder, SATCOM, in-line and tertiary data recorders,
three spare antenna positions and a flight engineer station equipped with multiple power
supplies and full pilot-engineer intercom.
We are one of the most experienced airborne ADS-B Test & Evaluation Firms in the World
We have performed airborne test & evaluation for The FAA - ITT - NASA - Japanese Aerospace Exploration Agency
Our primary Test & Evaluation aircraft is a PA-31-350 Turbo-Intercooler
equipped Navajo Chieftain that has been configured specifically for ADS-B test and
development work. A two man Flight Crew (Pilot + Flight Test Engineer) is normally
carried during T&E flights. The aircraft is maintained under Part 135 and flown under
Part 91 in either Standard or Experimental Category.
All avionics installations have been tested and certified by the FAA for the test and
evaluation of both 1090ES and UAT systems. Additional pre-mission ground tests are performed and documented by a licensed avionics technician before
each project begins.
On the ground, aircraft ADS-B data is analyzed and recorded by one of the only privately-owned
research & development Dual-Link (1090 / 978 MHz) GBT systems in the world. These GBT´s also have the ability to accept real-time space-based ADS-B transmissions from aircraft via the Globalstar constellation.
We have been flying with and teaching the airline industry how to work with ADS-B since 2001.
Additionally, all personnel involved in airborne Test & Evaluation are either former
FAA employees, or retired military. Pilots and flight engineers have extensive current
experience with FAA In Service and Recurrent NAVAID testing and are familiar with FAA
Order 8200.1C (United States Standard Flight Inspection Manual) and FAA TI 8200.52.
The aircraft and crew are available 24/365 and can be deployed virtually anywhere in North America with 72 hours notice. While deployed more than 200 nm from Anchorage, a daily minimum may apply.
OUR FLIGHT TEST AIRCRAFT ARE EQUIPPED TO MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS:
- Dual WAAS GPS navigators (Garmin GNS 430W and GNS 480)
- Garmin GMX-200 Multifunction display
- Garmin 330ES Mode-S Extended Squitter transponder
- Two Garmin GDL 90 UAT transceivers (one Primary, one Spare)
- Over-the-Horizon space-based ADS-B ("ALAS") installation
- Datum GPS recorder (12-channel WAAS, 1-sec interval track logging)
- On-board provisions for recording:
- UAT-In / UAT-Out / 1030-In / 1090ES-Out data
- GPS position (WAAS, 1-sec interval)
- Voice and video
- Dual Navcom, Glideslope and DME
- Radar Altimeter
- HF transceiver, FM Marine and Public Service Band transceiver
- Dual SATCOM (Iridium and Globalstar L/S-band data) antennas
- 3 pre-wired spare antenna positions (2 top/1 bottom)
- Multiple 12/28/110VAC (700w) power sources
- Engineer's console and 3 aditional observer seats
- 4 Exterior HD camera mounts (tail, belly, left oblique & forward)
- All weather, Full IFR
- 4.5 hr, 750 nm mission capable
- 25,000 ft max altitude
- 1,500 lb mission payload + crew
Call us at +1-907-258-2372, or contact us to discuss your test plan!